Sunday, May 26, 2024

Her Touch of Class

Imogen rarely becomes ill, but she has thrown up a few times since coming to live with me. Each time has comprised just a liquidy vomit, and was followed by nothing more. I look for signs of hairballs but they don’t seem to be the cause. It has happened so rarely that it is not a worry to me.

If she is on the bed when the urge to upchuck comes upon her, however, Miss Silky gets off. This has happened twice now. This time, she even went into the bathroom, the floor of which is free of carpeting. Clearly, she prefers the lowest altitude for sickness, and I like to think that she is trying not to vomit on the bed. She reminds me in this of my late old lady, Josie, who, if she felt compelled to barf, headed for the bathroom, no matter where she was.

As strong a personality as she has, Imo still tries to be polite when it comes to puking. That’s class.

9 comments:

  1. I do wish that Pipo and Minko would have had better 'manners' when they were in Modus-vomitous...they were like miniature volcanoes, esp Pipo!

    Imogen really does have 'class'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She reminds me of Eric. He occasionally had liquid vomit, usually from drinking too much water, and he always made for the hard kitchen floor. I never thought of him as being classy, but maybe I was wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a lady from the tip of her nose to the tip of her toes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is truly kind of Imogen. I wandered into the living room this morning without turning on a light, and just touched (thank goodness) the wet of upchucked kibble. Meanwhile Saku was happily partaking of his morning wet food in the kitchen. :p

    ReplyDelete