Friday, May 31, 2024

It's Time for Idylland

My holidays begin this afternoon. I and the cats will be catching the 2.10 for Idylland, where there will be three weeks of relaxation and leisure. Chores will need to be completed, of course, work that waits the whole year, such as the cleaning of the cat-trees, but it may be done at a slower pace, without the demands of an employer descending every little while.


I will be adding to the blog in the meantime. Life with cats doesn’t end just because one is in Idylland; in fact, it increases. But that, too, will be better, with more time to give them and more attention to their interactions. And on that subject, I’d better make sure the cats haven’t packed anything they don’t really need on the journey: even the voluminous freight wagons of the Royal Idylland Railways have their limits…


12 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I hope you have a peaceful, enjoyable vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a terrific holiday, John. Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do enjoy your vacation! I know the cats will be very happy to have you at home with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you all have a wonderful time in Idylland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you all start traveling be sure your buckled into your seats. Those trains do a lot of rocking and rolling I understand. Enjoy every minute of the time off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a great holiday, we all need one from time to time

    ReplyDelete
  8. A welcome break for everyone - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. May you and the cats have a lovely vacation, one without any interruptions from vet visits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If anyone packed too much it would be Imogen I will wager. Well, maybe Brazil. You all have a wonderful trip...enjoy yourselves so much you will still be smiling when you get back to the Cozy Apartment.

    ReplyDelete