Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Tucker the Lump


Most cats are odd in some way. Tucker is odd in many ways. He loves his comfort, to be sure, but he also loves being inside tunnels. This is strange, because he doesn’t like actually being enclosed in blankets or similar swaddling. But when I am sweeping the sitting room floor, for instance, I will turn over the rug that’s there to sweep underneath it, thus making an improvised tunnel. Tucker, who distrusts brooms, will nevertheless remain on the rug so that I can fold part of it over him. He will then lie perdu, thinking that no one can see him.

Combine that with his laziness and you have a situation much like that from last night. It was time to retire for the day, and the boys were snoozing on the bed. Renn’s position need not have changed, but the roly poly was close to the pillows. He needed to move. I thought I would coax him from his comfy spot by turning down the bed over him. It just made him want to stay all the more.

I think my big boy’s look in the second photograph says it all.


9 comments:

  1. Annabelle likes to burrow up under covers, any cover. She does pull up the throw rugs and will hide behind them. She hasn't tried going underneath them yet, but she loves going up under the throw on the sofa and she thinks she too is invisible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Sometimes I wonder how they don't suffocate, buried under blankets. :-)

    Maybe we need a weekly theme on the oddities of our cats. Or they need one for the oddities of their humans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the oddities may be that we spend so much time writing and talking about our cats.

      Delete
  3. I love being under the sheet of blanket but have to make a big show of digging my way in. Since I am the one with no claws Dad lets me have my way and we drift off to... wait... a noise... *Zoom*
    Well you cant see from under there you know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny Tucker! I love Renn's expression....letting you know he thinks Tucker is a silly cat.
    The only one of my three who likes to go under the covers is Sasha, and only in the winter. He's my skinny cat so I have to think, he goes to warm up and one warmed through he wants to be on top of the covers again. Though then he curls up against my knees or back...anyway to stay close and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOL! Ernie likes to do stuff like that. The mom says he's gonna suffocate someday. ~Wally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you realise, you are supposed to sleep clinging to the edge of the bed until Tucker decides to move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Undoubtedly, there is surprise in his expression when I force him to move.

      Delete
  7. So you slept on the tiny slice of bed on the other side? :)

    ReplyDelete