Sunday, November 29, 2020

Movie-night with Kittens

Sometimes, the Felons tire themselves out. After an hour or so of chasing and wrestling each other, and of trying to see what I was eating (it was popcorn) and other not-too-distracting activities, Oleo and Bisto let me watch my Saturday night movie in peace.

In fact, it was quite nice having the kittens snooze on or against me. They will definitely be lap-cats as they mature; they are starting now, and will enjoy cuddling with their humans in the future, I believe. I tried specifically to cultivate an interest in physical attention from the start. Most cats, I think, like it, but if they aren’t encouraged in it when young, it may not exist or be strong when they are older. As may be seen, Oleo and Bisto have taken to snuggling.

As the film neared its climax, though, they showed an interest in the events on the television screen. Along with laps, I may have prompted a fascination for old movies, too…


17 comments:

  1. They're so precious. ❤️

    I hope they'll find loving laps in their forever home, whenever they're adopted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they’ll become film reviewers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read Oleo and Bisto's post from the PAW Society. (It was written by you, I can tell.) The write-up and their picture are absolutely adorable. I wish I lived near Lethbridge - I'd adopt them in a minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so lucky to get a great foster home where they have the security to become loving, trusting little felons. Whoever adopts them will be very blessed.

      Delete
  4. They're so darling. My Saku was not a lap cat when he was young, but I think that had more to do with the fact that Sami wouldn't share. Since she's passed, he demands lap time quite often. They're nothing like cat cuddles. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww that makes us happy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did'nt say which movie you were
    watching John...
    Dare l say it..'Puss~In~Boots..! :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Influence their young lives now. Lots of cuddles in cultivation of their minds. They look just too comfy and cuddly on your legs. Glad they let you watch most of the movie while they snoozed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wee doodz....B/W filmz bee de best...mite we recommend sum hitchcock, sci fi, karloff, legosi :) ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet loving little babies. I would love every minute with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Were you watching an old Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes movie! They certainly are entertaining, if mostly NOT as Doyle would have preferred...

    ReplyDelete
  11. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13344231/cat-bags-treats-strangers/

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are the most adorable felons! Seems like movie night will be a special time for them too!
    My tabby boys have taken to tv also. In the morning I have YouTube on. Their are so many bird and squirrels videos made just for cat viewing!!! Who knew?!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They sure were into the action. Our crew will get into some parts of movies and I always wonder what they think of the action

    ReplyDelete