Thursday, February 3, 2022

A Fascinating World

Auric finds everything fascinating. He’s a kitten and then some, despite being almost a year old. One of his favourite diversions, other than chasing Hector, is to watch what’s happening on the screen of my computer. He will sit on the lip of the desk, between me and the screen, following movements in the pixels. I tell him it’s bad for his eyes, and terrible for my typing, as I can’t see the screen, but he pays no attention.


I’d obtain one of those programmes that gives a cat something to chase on the screen - a mouse or a fish - but Auric does more than observe. He will bat at the screen, and with some force, too. He will look behind it, trying to find the object of his interest there, and he will stand on his hind legs and nearly tip the monitor over.


Eventually, after chasing his foster-brother, battling his sea-turtle, fighting with my hand, investigating movement on the computer-screen, sticking his face in other cats’ food, annoying Renn with his proximity, trying to get into the library to see Minuet, and finding out what I am doing with a broom and dustpan, Auric will settle down for a snooze. Until then, however, the world is fascinating for my Golden Boy. Hopefully it will be, for a long time.


16 comments:

  1. Imagine the investigative reporter he'd make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His color is fabulous! What a beauty! And what a teenager he is! I have someone betwixt me and the screen toooooo many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His color is fabulous! What a beauty! And what a teenager he is! I have someone betwixt me and the screen toooooo many times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a character! He may be a pest, but Auric sure is entertaining. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun guy and into so much, reminds me of our Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's such a cutie! Exhausting to have around, but so adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo of him intently watching the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Auric is so cute - he's a typical kitten. He finds wonder and excitement in everything. That's so refreshing when today a lot of folks find so many things boring and "old hat".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you show him the youtube shows of birds feeding?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think there are programs you can use on a tv screen.

    There is never a dull moment when Auric is on duty! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HeHe! Bless!x You'll have to try
    a Tom and Jerry cartoon John..! :O).

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's like having a full-time time job at home, isn't it? I hope he learns to be a better brother to Hector so they can play together. This Auric chaos must be exhausting for Renn and Neville (and you too).
    Hope that you and your crew have a peaceful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh he is such a charming boy and so interested in all the new things around him. He is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love this. Auric surely does sound like a really fun fellow.

    ReplyDelete