Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Almost Forward

Dabney’s integration has stalled somewhat, unable to get past Percival. Dabs dislikes Perce and distrusts him. I can’t blame him, as I don’t trust Percival around Dabney, either. He keeps trying to come too close to the newst-comer, and I don’t care for the way Percy’s tail switches back and forth in proximity to the other cat.

On the other hand, Dabney has rushed at Percival with a scream twice and, though I was in a position both times to step between them even before Dabs had halted, I don’t believe the intention was to make contact. And, for his part, Perce did not appear willing to match his reluctant roommate’s ferocity.

But Dabney is coming out of the library more often, and when he is assured of Percival’s absence – I lock the latter in the bedroom sometimes – he is playful and almost light-hearted. He enjoys the nylon cube, and rolls about in it for fun. He spends time in the nylon tunnel, too, and seems to have hopes of becoming better acquainted with Imogen. (Imo says, “No,” for now.)

I am not worried about how things are going. After several relatively easy integrations, this one is more normal. It will take time. Fortunately, we have plenty of that for cats.

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Hopefully Dabney and Percy will eventually learn to live in peaceful coexistence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is probable that Percy and Dabney will never be good friends, but hopefully they will learn to tolerate each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir Percy has lived there at the Cosy Apartment just long enough ahead of Dabney, I think he is claiming his kingdom. Poor Dabney, to be just a surf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I do hope the boys learn to co-exist peacefully. Good thing that they are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEA! I'm back. I have already given you my comment earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That can happen when two rambunctious young men meet. Hopefully, soon they'll both realize they can be friends, or at least peaceful roommates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, was going to chime in with hopes for peaceful co-existence. Sometimes friendship never happens, no matter how much time you give them.

    ReplyDelete