Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Continuing Worries for Neville

So far, the anti-biotics Neville has been given for his infection have not worked. They either have no effect on the problem, or they create problems of their own, such as vomiting and loss of appetite, and therefore cannot be continued. He is on his third anti-biotic now. This one has not caused him to throw up as of yet, and he maintains his appetite. But neither does there seem a reduction in the inflammation that has come with the infection.

I will be taking him once more to the veterinary hospital tomorrow. I fear that there is more behind this trouble than a mere infection, though so far nothing has been found. Hopefully, in some form, relief can be found for my long-suffering Nevsky.

15 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that Neville is not responding to the antibiotics he's been taking. Hopefully tomorrow the vet will be able to give him something that will make him feel better. Please keep us posted. Get well soon Neville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I had the impression that Neville was improving. Since he still has an appetite, I'm hoping that's a sign that nothing serious is wrong with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purring for Nevsky; here's hoping the doc finds something that can help him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending lots of good thoughts for Neville.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, purrs and prayers for dear Neville from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for boy. Everyone has tried so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Mr Neville. We hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do hope the vet is able to determine what is causing the infection and Neville can get some relief. I'll keep him and you, too, in my thoughts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'll all be waiting. Sorry for my typo earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Nev. We're purring and praying that the vets can find a way to help him feel better. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! Poor Neville...Let's hope he's at least a bit better soon...
    And..hopefully the vet can suggest something else to help!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My thoughts, love, and prayers to Neville. Please update us when you can. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do hope the 3rd antibiotic does the trick and Neville can return to his normal health and much improved. It is certainly a concern to you, this not knowing.

    ReplyDelete