Thursday, December 31, 2015

Out of the Old, Into the New

The move is over. I must still go and clean the house - I thought of hiring someone for it, but the season has apparently been very busy for the trade, and no one is available until after the house’s possession date - but other than that, I have left the old residence behind.

The move itself was accomplished as well as such moves can be. The company that did it was quick, and co-operative. The three young men kept calling me ‘sir’, which made me think that either they were very respectful or they thought I was old. I like to think they were respectful.

I won’t publish just yet any pictures showing much of the apartment. Right now, there is still a great deal of unpacking to achieve, so it looks like the warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. But I can show you the cats.

I kept them in a spare room of the house until everything was taken over to the new apartment, and then transported them there. They were very curious about the new place and all the boxes strewn about. Tucker and Renn slunk about ‘like Peter Lorre contemplating a crime’ (in the words of Al Stewart’s aptly-named “Year of the Cat”), but by the evening were purring as per normal. Tucker accepted his insulin dosage easily and without fuss. Cammie had been getting on the bed more often just before the move, even with other beasts already there, and seems to be continuing that trend now. The first picture below is from the old house (note the gutted chest of drawers), while the second picture is from the new apartment. 



Josie, meanwhile, seemed to adjust the most swiftly, and quickly checked out what may be seen from the newly-placed tallest cat-tree. Alas, the views obtained from the new home are not as good as those in the previous, but there may still be something of interest for an observant feline.


I will publish more stories today, but my internet is not yet connected, so I must use an alternate computer on which to publish. I will describe some things that I have been saving, so the following few posts look back. When the unpacking is complete in the new apartment, I will take you forward.

11 comments:

  1. we are glad everyone and everything got safely moved!

    Cheers to a happy and healthy 2016

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everything went smoothly. Happy New Year from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I missed this posting. I am so glad the move went as well as one can expect a move can go. The cats look very content! That is a great sign.
    HAPPY Mew Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of emailing you yesterday to check, then of course it slipped my middle-aged brain. :-/

    I'm glad to see all went well, especially for the cats. Sometimes I think we underestimate our fur "kids'" ability to adjust to the new. (Or maybe that's just me!)

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a successful move, I'd say. Glad everything went well. It seems as if that cats handled things with kitty aplomb. Something special shared with them tonight will ring in the new year joyfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like everybody coped well. Miss Pops spent two weeks under my bed howling all night when she last moved.

    Happy New Year to you all - wishing you a happy and healthy 2016.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad the move has gone smoothly, and the cats are settled back on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. guys.....high paws for a veree success ful moove.....they shuld all go az well.... we wish ewe nothing but de best in yur new place... N hope de memorreez ewe make ther.... R az good//happee az onez ewe can think of.... frum de past ~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to hear that your move went smoothly, and it's especially good to learn that the cats are adjusting to their new home without any problems. (The last time I moved, Jeremy wouldn't come out from under the bed for a week!) Best wishes and much happiness in your new apartment, and a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your feline family.

    Roberta and the fur kids

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy to hear your house sold, you found a place for you and the cats, and that your move went well. I think I've missed a lot of posts, sorry!

    Happy New Year John, I wish you and cats all good things for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear the move went well. I know when I moved my cats were quite concerned until they saw the bed, and then all was right with the world again.

    May you be unpacked and box free soon :)

    ReplyDelete