Friday, April 17, 2020

Good Vibrations

Neville is very slowly becoming accustomed to me. He associates me too much with being poked with an insulin needle, or having blood drawn from his ears. I am trying to change that by often petting and stroking him.

He likes to have me pet him all the way down his back, and I can start him purring that way. Something I noticed about him is that when he purrs, the fur on either side of his lower jaw vibrates. It’s due to its length, I think, and how it grows. Whatever the cause, it is rather amusing to watch - though I won’t tell Neville that.

13 comments:

  1. Neville is proving to be quite the character, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, don't tell him that. :-P

    His purring definitely constitutes the "good vibrations" needed right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a sweetheart! I love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neville is such a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks so lovely..! :).
    Or perhaps the word should
    be..Elegant..! Yes! Elegant..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have a soft spot for long furred kitties. Glad to see that
    you see, feel and hear that purr. Hope Neville continues to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be a sight to see. And is there anything more soothing than a happy cat's purr?

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a very good photo of him! He looks majestic,doesn't he? I love reading about your cats and their different personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neville you are a handsome fellow and we would love to see that response to what we think would be a deep Man-Cat purr

    ReplyDelete