Monday, August 23, 2021

The Sound of Appreciation

Having recorded audio evidence of Tucker’s strange cries, I thought I would record more sounds from the beasts. This one comes from Neville. It’s not as otherworldly as the roly poly’s, nor as inexplicable. The Nevsky is the only cat I have, or can remember, who vocalises his anticipation of a good meal. You may have to turn up the sound on this; it is what I hear at most meal-times as Nev’s bowl approaches him, sometimes even before the food is ladled out.

15 comments:

  1. Yes, the Meezer's are right, a buzzing purr! This put a big smile on my face, thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute. I think Neville is saying "thank you." What a polite boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Singing for his supper. A bit off tune, like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a loud fan going. I'll turn it off and listen again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CHARMING! I love him. Said so and repeated it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, that's a really sweet-sounding thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet!!! Their is happiness in that purr.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Nev! Rumpy used to talk a lot more at dinner when the food came now he just sticks his head in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...he sounds so excited and happy to see that bowl getting close. I note you bring the food to him in his bed. I do the same for Sasha - in the morning he eats on my bed, in the evening he gets his dinner on the sofa.

    ReplyDelete