Thursday, April 20, 2023

A Quartet in the Early Morning

Neville is still having liquid crap. This morning, I woke at 12.30, and decided to check on him. Sure enough, I had to clean him, the floors, a cat-tree, etc. It took me only three quarters of an hour this time, though. This morning, he crapped again - the poor guy, it sounds like a gas line clearing its tubes - but didn’t leave anything on his bum. He did step in it, however, just for consistency. The effects of no longer eating the problem food will take a while to clear his system, I imagine.



On the other hand, there is improvement vis-a-vis Imogen and Percival. The latter presents no problem for the former, though the former thinks he does. But now Imo isn’t hissing much at Perce; what’s more, she is spending more time on the floor, rather than keeping her distance - and supposed safety - by lying on top of the cylinder-house cat-tree, or the kitchen cupboards. She has also passed by the newcomer quite closely, without hissing, and has even sniffed him - not nose-to-nose, but his tail and bum, while Percival was looking the other way.



I think having adapted to my two oldsters, Imogen was, if not willing to have another cat to deal with, then at least accepting of the situation sooner and with less fuss than she would otherwise. It helps tremendously that Percival isn’t interested in other cats.



Renn, too, is growling less at Percival, though my big boy was never a concern to me with regard the new arrival. I knew that he would acquiesce in Perce’s coming, so long as the latter didn’t bother him much.



While the Nevsky is still plagued by his nether-region troubles, they will improve. Things are looking positive at the Cosy Apartment.

14 comments:

  1. Yay for a bit of positive news at the cozy apartment.
    Hope it continues :)
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are purring for Nevsky's guts to feel better PRONTO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Clean up in aisle six, please." I am sure Nev is as ready as you to have the liquid flow stop. It would be funny to watch Imogen take a sniff of Perce's rear for identification.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Neville looks so embarrassed in that photo. "You're telling the world about me doing WHAT?!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Nev's tummy troubles soon settle. It is good that everyone is accepting each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Nev, I hope he's back to normal soon. Such gorgeous cats, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel so badly for Neville, he's had a hard life. I hope his output is back to normal very soon. Sending lots of good thoughts and positive energy to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Undine is correct - poor Nev does look embarrassed in the top photo. Get well soon, Nev!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr Nev we hope your butt troubles settle down soon, dad needs some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WE send purrayers that Neville is over his troubles soon. Glad other things are going wwel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad things are going well and I hope sweet Neville is all better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure hope those tummy troubles will soon but a messy memory.
    And how cute that Imogen has to sniff Percival's derriere, LOL!

    ReplyDelete