Saturday, April 22, 2023

Sleeping and Not Sleeping

Last night was Percival’s first night outside the library. It was not successful. He was too active and far too talkative. Between his yells and his grunts, sleep was elusive for me, so he had to go back into the library after a couple of hours.

I am not sure why he is quiet in the library, and noisy outside. It may have to do with the space to roam. However, I will try again tonight, as I believe it is a matter of him becoming accustomed to new freedom in the dark hours.

For other cats, quiet and sleep are assailed by other factors. I am washing the bedclothes today. Often, Imogen likes to crawl under the comforter, but that was in the wash, so she settled for the bedspread. When that too went to the laundry, I pulled the blanket over her. Alas, that of course followed the other items, and I have covered her with the top-sheet. Soon, the sheets will need to be changed, and Miss Silky will be disturbed again. The persecution of black cats never ceases.

14 comments:

  1. Smiling here! Sure know what it's like to accommodate the cat(s) and to do all possible to minimize their being discommoded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't we humans feel guilty when we mess with our kitties set ways. Miss Imogen seems to like any of the cover you provide. Sir Perce must be using his voice as an echo device to measure the rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Percy will require some training it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Imogen is like Saku, she will be annoyed at the movement of the bedding but much appreciate the return.
    Silly Percival, I assume he'll get accustomed to the space and be less vocal overtime. Smart of you do try this on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is always a transition period, however poor Imo just can't catch a break on wash-the-bedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully Percy will let you get some much needed rest tonight. And poor Imogen seems to have had her beauty rest disturbed too. Thankfully it's the weekend so both you and Imogen will be able to catch-up on your sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like Percival needs an audience to talk to
    and preform...and not a load of old books in a tiny
    room room...Bless him...Give him the space John
    and let's here what he has to say...! :O).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Percival was quieter last night, and that Imogen wasn't too put out (or at least not for long) by the disruption to her napping spot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Curious how that went last night...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perhaps that was Percy's way of declaring, "FREEEEEEDOM!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking furbulous guys, and do let us know what antics Percival gets up to next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure I commented. Could you check that Blogger hasn't consigned me to spam please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a comment from you for 'Strange Protest' and 'More Accustomed' but, other than this inquiry, not for this post. I checked my mail, junk and otherwise, in case you were accidentally deleted - my mail keeps the deleted ones until they are deleted from that category, too - and there's no record of a comment for 'Sleeping and Not Sleeping'...

      Delete
    2. Thanks for checking. As you have comment moderation I always come back later to ensure my comment has posted. I know they can occasionally disappear into thin air and assume that is what happened.
      I can't remember what I originally said, but hope Percival soon quietens down. If he is anything like Flynn was I am afraid that is unlikely, but at least Flynn used to keep the yelling for outdoors.

      Delete