Monday, April 24, 2023

More Accustomed

I’m leaving Percival out of the library while I am at work today. I don’t think there will be any problem between him and the others; certainly not between him and the other boys. He and Renn were sniffing noses last night, and, while my big boy would prefer Perce to keep his distance, he’s not very upset if he doesn’t.



Between Percival and Imogen there is no real difficulty either, though Imo thinks there is. If Perce comes too close to her, Miss Silky will hiss and complain, but Percival is usually just passing by.


The real trouble with the newcomer is that he is still quite voluble, talking a lot and loudly, even at night. When I put him in the library, he quiets down; it’s when he has the freedom of the house that he disturbs the peace. Incarcerating him in a separate room at night is not a true solution: not only should he not have to be locked up through the dark hours, but, while he is a prime candidate for adoption, he is also a prime candidate for being returned, if he keeps his new family up all night. We will still have to work on this.


Otherwise, he is doing very well. He had some excellent photographs taken of him for his profile on the rescue-group’s website, and found a cat-bed that he seemed to enjoy for an hour’s snooze.



Imogen, for her part, has decided that she likes the nylon cube. It went with Zofia to her new home but she and her new brother have two of their own now, so it came back. Imo has found it congenial.



She has also, to my great surprise, found my lap congenial. For the first time, she sat on my lap during the weekend. I hadn’t expected her to, nor had I summoned her to do so. This was a very pleasant surprise.


It was a good weekend.



15 comments:

  1. Good luck to all today. I do hope Percival learns to quiet down a bit - or perhaps be adopted by deaf person/people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Percival: "Tis' 2 o'clock and all is well!"
    Percival: "Tis' 2:03, and all is well!"
    Percival: "Tis' 2:09, and all is well!"
    Everyone else: "..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! I had another idea but took it out. Yours is perfect!

      Delete
    2. I love your comment. It gave me quite a laugh!

      Delete
  3. Do hope Percival finds less to howl about so he can be adopted. With maybe a warning that early days are talky days and then all goes quiet. Lovely Miss Imogen in her cube, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, was thinking that someone who is hearing impaired, or perhaps works night shifts, might be a good fit for Percival. Of course it's better if he learns not to vocalize all night long!

    Other than that blip, I'm glad all is well at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like everything is working out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully, Percival will quiet down soon. Other than that quirk, he seems so eminently adoptable. And that's great that Imogen has discovered your lap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe Percival thinks there is a bear lurking somewhere in the Cosy Apartment. When we were in Alaska we walked down a trail on our own. We passed a sign telling us we were in bear country and to avoid catching them unawares to sing or talk loudly, so that was what I did. Maybe Percival feels he needs to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there were a bear in the apartment, I'd have left it long ahead of Percival...

      Delete
  8. Purrs Percival grows tired of vocalizing all the time.
    Maybe when he is an only cat in his new home...
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete