Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Introducing Percival

I am pleased to present to readers a new guest at the Cosy Apartment. Meet Percival.

Percival had been coming for some months to feed at my work-place whenever the feral colony there had its meals. He was, however, clearly not feral. I could not only touch him, pet him, rub his head, but he encouraged it. Had he a home and was simply supplementing his menu? It is possible, but his coat has the shaggy, unkempt look of one that is continuously outside. He is also unneutered. I decided to bring him in.

Because of unforeseen complications in arranging his veterinary visit, he spent much of today in a carrier at my work-place. Initially, of course, he wanted out. I will have to retire that particular carrier, as Percival was able merely to push his way out of it. A strong, big-headed cat, he exerted enough pressure to lift the nuts securing the door upward; their threads are probably worn away. But, possibly characteristic of his nature, he allowed me to pick him up and put him back in the carrier, its door now reinforced. Thereafter, he seemed resigned to his fate, and fell asleep.

He will go for his neuter-surgery tomorrow afternoon. Until then, and afterward for a little while, he will stay in my bathroom, at least until he uses the litter-box there. Right now, he seems to be grateful for the comforts he has, even if they are a bit restricted. He ate a good dinner, drank some water and almost immediately settled into the cat-bed I provided him.

Percival appears to have a Horace-like affection for people and the attention they can give him. He has several times rolled onto his back to invite chest-rubs, and leans into a hand that is rubbing his fuzzy head. He will be available for adoption in a few weeks, maybe a month or two, depending upon how well I get to know him in that time. But, so far, my latest visitor is ready to enjoy any and every human.

20 comments:

  1. Awww, he sure looks like a really sweet guy, thanks for helping him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Percival!
    We here, just want you to know, you have hit the jackpot when it comes to your future life!! You seem to be a sweet kitty, and we hope the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enchanted to meet him...even through print. I love his name too. And his face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Percival is such a cool name. He is a handsome mancat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Percival seems like such a gentle and sweet mancat. Thank you for rescuing him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Percival! I'm so glad you rescued him, John. He appears to be a real sweetheart. Percy, you may not realize yet, but you're going to love your accommodations at the Cosy Apartment. Please let us know how tomorrow's vet visit goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mr Percy - nice to meet you buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whey~Hey Percival...HeHe! How ya do'in....Bless!x
    Looks like you may well have fallen on yer feet here...
    Well paws anyway...Looking forward to hearing about
    all the fun yer gonna have at the Cosy Apartment, and
    you will...Bless!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope all goes well with this sweet cat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Percival is a handsome fellow, I'm so glad you decided to bring him in, rescue him. He looks like an absolute sweetheart, and I hope that when he's ready for adoption, he'll find a wonderful and true forever home. In the meantime, please give him some cuddles from me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pawsome looking cat!
    Lucky he came to your place and is safe :)
    Purrs for a good checkup!
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome Percival! You've found a soft landing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you were able to rescue him. What a love bug!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable little guy! He reminds me a bit of Raleigh. I'm so thankful you were able to rescue him!

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is a cutie. I am glad you rescued him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Percival, you bumped into the bestest person in the world; you are set for life now, handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He is a handsome fellow, and just started a much better life. He may not think so tomorrow, but will soon forget about that.

    ReplyDelete