Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Something New Each Day

Brazil continues to take tiny steps forward. He also continues to hide in the closet. But when I catch him out of it, he doesn’t immediately take fright, and when I manage to shut the closet door on him, he stays where he can observe me, rather than hiding away on the principle of not being seen if he himself cannot see. I think he has reached the stage at which I can be judged upon my tone, words and actions, rather than assumed to be evil. That is a positive move for a shy cat.


He is also eating during the day, which is new for him. And I have heard him active in the library while it is still light out. The door to the library is open at night, when the darkness gives him security, though I don’t know if he has availed himself of the opportunity to leave the room. Certainly, others have been in it; Renn has always liked the litter-box there more than those in the store-room, despite the one in the library being the twin of a store-room box. So Brazil is fully aware that there are other felines present.


At the end of this week, I will leave the library door open while I am home, regardless of the hour. While that may violate his safe-room, I think the perma-cats will pose little threat to Brazil’s feeling of security. Once he realises that the oldsters are uninterested in him and that Imogen’s curiosity doesn’t go far, he will relax and even start to explore more.


In lieu of a photograph of the often invisible newcomer, here is one of my oldsters.


10 comments:

  1. "Renn has always liked the litter-box there more than those in the store-room, despite the one in the library being the twin of a store-room box."

    As a side note, that is so CAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As is the fact that Neville will often wet in a box in the store-room, then use the library’s box for crapping, thus giving me two boxes to scoop and two floors to sweep…

      Delete
  2. It seems that Brazil is indeed taking "baby steps" and he is slowly becoming acclimated to the Cosy Apartment. I'll look forward to hearing more about his progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need decompression time, and cats even more so. Brazil will find his level soon, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handsome boys lying together. Brave Brazil, he'll soon get the hang
    of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As they say.."Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey"....
    HeHe! Bless! He'll come round..! :0.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby steps ate good. With your help he will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slowly but surely, Brazil is getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brazil likes to take his time but it'll all be good when he finally sees how great of a spot he has.

    ReplyDelete