Sunday, August 20, 2023

Wee Hour Rambles

Brazil continues to make progress in the Cosy Apartment. Though he is still quite shy with me, he nonetheless seems curious, and will, instead of immediately fleeing when I come into the library, stop, half-hidden, and watch me.

Last night provided another big step forward: as has become his wont, he left the library after I went to bed; he not only explored the sitting room, but came into the bedroom, climbed the cat-trees there and looked out the window. He knew where I was – in bed - and where the other cats were, but this did not deter him.

I heard him give some slow, low warnings to someone – Neville, I knew, since the other perma-cats were accounted for – but I am not worried about any confrontation; Nev doesn’t care about asserting himself with any newcomer, and Brazil isn’t a fighter. Of more concern was the fact that Brazil talked through much of his excursion: isolated little meows, perfectly suited to keep a human awake at three o’clock in the morning.

Considering his nearly feral shyness, Brazil’s advances are satisfactory, and I think he will continue to make them. I just wish he didn’t have to make them at three o’clock in the morning…

15 comments:

  1. Perhaps Brazil was talking as a sort of warning to everyone: "Hey, world, I'm here!"

    Hopefully, he'll drop the need to share this information at 3 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he was simply keeping a running narration for his log . Every cat has one you know. Sometimes it is merely a "catch" of the day...many times it is a list of transgressions and who perpetrates them. Selfies are taken, so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But of course at 3 am! Brazil is a cat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time has no meaning when you're a cat, that much is sure. Great to see continued progress though. Time and healing do go hand in paw, as does kindly acts and good karma.
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm delighted to read of Brazil's progress, this is great! You have an endless well of patience and caring, John!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe Brazil is afraid you'll oversleep and be late for work. But look at the bright side - you no longer need an alarm clock! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. dood....we could knot bee mor late in sayin WEL COME....if we had set de clock bak a yeer anda day....we hope all iz well with ewe N ya get settled in reel lee quik lee....yur palz ther in de a part mint R troo lee grate, de dad iz two, sew we hope ewe get settled in quik :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brazil you're getting less shy by the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad Brazil are making progress, even if it are at 3 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is good news, as long as it doesn't keep everyone awake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad he's progressing, and I shouldn't laugh, but I am. As the owner of a cat who loves to call out as he carries his blanket, at all hours of the day and night, I'm grateful I'm not alone in my middle of the night misery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3am is absolutely a purr-fect time for kitty soliloquies!
    Sorry it kept you awake...YAWN!
    I wonder what the others thought of all his ramblings and amblings?

    Yes indeed! Its progress! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete