Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Normalcy Wanted, for Long-term Relationship

We seem to be back to normal at the cosy apartment. After Cammie’s visit to the hospital on Friday, she ate, under the stimulus of medicine, very well. She drank very little water. Sunday, the drug started to wear off, and she seemed out of sorts a bit. Monday, however, she was returning to normal. Yesterday and today, she ate her usual amounts and was drinking water again.


I am anxious that this will be repeated at some point, the frightening aspect being that it seems Cammie’s episodes are growing worse all the time, harder for her to recover from. But all I can do is be vigilant, pick up even the smallest crumb of food the others may drop and take away any opportunity she has of eating what she shouldn’t while I am absent.

As for Raleigh, he goes to the veterinary hospital today for his re-examination. I hope his stomatitis is receding once more and he won’t require further surgery. The little fellow has been through a great deal in his short life, and I’d like the rest of it to be a little easier.

16 comments:

  1. Sending purrs for Raleigh's appt today. Hope the news is only good! Cammie girl, you are so pretty; keep up the good work of eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers and paws are crossed for Raleigh today, and for Cammie too, that she continues eating on her own--and keeping her food down. Lots of purrs and Universal Light for everyone's Highest Good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The older I get, the more I realize that "a boring life" is a very underrated sort of thing. I've seen way too much of the alternative.

    Here's to a nice long period of normalcy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you've heard of the curse (allegedly ancient Chinese) that wishes someone to live in interesting times. I agree with you about a boring life...

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear Cammie is on the road to recovery! I hope Raleigh receives good news too. He deserves it after all he's been through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to hear Cammie is doing better, and hopefully Raleigh will get a good report from the vet today. As I mentioned, Jessica is on Mirtazapine, and Cammie's reaction seems to be the same as Jessica's. Since the drug is given only every 3 days, it wears off by the third day and the cat's appetite may decrease. But when it is given again, the appetite will improve once more. Meanwhile, I agree that sometimes boring is good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You deserve a more settled time - fingers and paws crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard on us as the pet parents to see these things happen and while we do the best we can for them, the same happens again. It used to make my body tense as I drove past the Vet office/clinic when I had Admiral. I knew I'd have a few days off...then the horrible visits again. But they are well and truly worth it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normal is elusive but always wonderful when it shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always take such good care of your kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! Bless!x Best wishes all round..
    And hopefully coming together..
    "Onwards and Upwards" 😾 😻 😺

    ReplyDelete
  11. not trying to be a doomer gloomer but I think the stroke cammie had is what may be preventing her from a quick recovery time; I hope I'm wrong.....but ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Undoubtedly, her stroke has had complications that are not obvious. I worry about her all the time. But then, I do that about all of them. Sigh.

      Delete
  12. I am glad that Cammie is now recovering and hope Raleigh's check up goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kitties send their purrs for Raleigh...I know there is another post but I'm reading in order. I've got my fingers crossed for good news.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We send support that they both continue to do well now and in the future

    ReplyDelete