Sunday, November 14, 2021

And One More

Though Sable has not re-appeared after showing up to have a meal the Monday past, another old diner at Café Cosy came by last night. Though this is an image of atrocious quality, it shows a cat whom I believe to be Arliss.

I have included two photographs from the past for comparison. I’m certain that it is the same cat.

It cannot be a coincidence, in my opinion, that Arliss showed up after a prolonged absence so soon after Sable ended hers. The two would periodically visit together in days gone by, though not in any great proximity to each other. I like to think that they at least are friends, or travelling companions, someone to take the away the loneliness of an outsider-cat’s life.

Arliss didn’t eat anything. Indeed, if Sable wasn’t with him in the past, it would be the merest chance Arliss would find the soft-food that I would leave out for somebody. Now, with no one coming by regularly, I don’t put soft-food outside. Arliss has eaten hard-food previously, but did not have any last night. He had a long drink of water from the bowl, and was on his way elsewhere when he saw me watching. This merely gave him speed. He was always much more shy than Sable.

But Arliss, like his friend, is still about, and he still looks to be well-fed. Where these two have been, what they have been doing since their last visit, I can’t guess. But there is some comfort in knowing they might have been together in the interval.

11 comments:

  1. It sure would be nice to know where they've been, what they've been up to and who is looking out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad they don't keep a blog of their doings...yup. um...LOL! Glad they showed up and look good, considering their circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great news! It's a shame that Arliss and Sable can't talk and tell us where they've been all this time. But the important thing is that they are OK, and thanks to your care, this winter will be a little easier for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are glad that Sable and Arliss are okay, and have returned to Cafe Cosy. We sure wish they could tell you where they have been, and assure you that all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The life of cats is such a mystery. If only they could write a book of their adventures. It is nice to see the return of another old friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few cats that wander through the yard occasionally. The same ones, and then when 6 months goes by and I haven't seen them I think of them and wonder if they're okay. Like you when I finally see them again I am grateful that they're still alive. It was nice that you got a glimpse of both of these in such a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cat mysteries are hard sometimes to deal with I have one who comes by...but not to eat...simply in passing and I worry about him as he doesn't have a home I feel or is left outside if he does. He does appear to be fed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish whoever cares for them between visits would keep them indoors. But I'm happy to know they've returned and appear to be relatively healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be good if Arliss and Sable are friends. I know cats are regarded as solitary creatures, but they need affection, too, from humans or other animals.

      Delete
  9. coppee & paste stopped bye ta help out with R commint two day coz de gurlz still sneekin round de inter webz frum werk. we wanted ta say how veree thanx ful we iz that ewe taked de time ta leeve a message on me good bye post. we a purreciatez it mor N ewe noe. bee happee & healthee & blessed bye me heer roe st francis. lovez two ewe all wayz frum de food servizz gurl and mee; tuna ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wanderers. It's nice that you get to see them from time to time.

    ReplyDelete