Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Cry "Havoc!"

Let me first thank all those who expressed concern for my big boy, Renn, during his recent illness, and relief that that illness was short-lived. He is doing well. He is one of the reasons why returning to a home with five cats is always an interesting proposition. The newest resident is also a reason.


Yesterday, I came home and saw something round and strange on the floor some feet in front of the door. It took a moment to identify it. It was the rubber stopper from the bathtub. I do not keep the rubber stopper from the bathtub in the hall. I didn’t think Neville was to blame for its dislocation, so he was safe in looking innocent in the background.




I returned the stopper to the bathroom, where I found the door-stop knocked out of place, the door half-closed and the toilet plunger pulled from its usual spot and tipped over.



I eventually had time to hang up my coat, underneath which I saw that the small bale of straw I intend to use in an outsider-cat shelter had been ripped open and some of the straw strewn about. A coil of sisal rope I have for repairing cat-trees was also undone.



Is it any wonder that the guilty party needed a bit of a snooze after dinner? Nor is it a surprise that, after spending most of his first year outside, trying just to survive, he is at last able to be a kitten. “Cry ‘Havoc!’, and let slip the cats of war.”


19 comments:

  1. Ah! Bless! I know l should'nt say it...
    But! What a lovely funny post..Did the
    guilty party put up his paw and confess?
    Did he really think that some of the
    articles needed re~arranging..HeHe! :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, there is no way that sleeping angle did any of that. You simply
    have a gremlin in the cosy apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, that's what I call a busy morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Ah, I miss the antics of youth. Okay, some of the antics of kitty youth, not those that involve (pet safe) house plants and potting soil.

    Hmm, I wonder what you'll find today, when you return from work? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Hector, and I'm so glad that he's finally able to act like a kitten. My Joey is 9 years old and has never gotten past the "kitten phase." He still thinks everything in my apartment is his cat toy. It seems that Hector and Joey are "cut from the same piece of cloth." It sure makes life interesting, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hector !!! DOOD !!!!! 984 pawz UP....well done, bravo N due knot overlookz de stuff ona roll....they callz it... toy let paperz ;) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I forget to mention it? I have to keep the cabinet in the bathroom permanently sealed against hector, otherwise he demonstrates his claws on the toilet paper, even now…

      Delete
    2. That won't protect the cabinet for long. I have faith in Hector.

      Delete
  7. He is sleeping so innocently like a baby! How could you possibly suspect him. The other cats were probably watching the antics in amazement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure you’re right. I’ve seen their reactions swing between astonished surprise and disdain.

      Delete
  8. I think you need a couple of cameras in the house so you can watch their adventures while you are out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hec, don't let 'em railroad ya...they've got no evidence!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tee-hee! Some kitten wannabe got let loose!! It never ceased to amaze me what our pets decide needs to be checked out, chewed on or batted abut! Seems you have a bored kitten there:) He found his own amusement

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hector...you are totally THE cat to have and I can't believe you won't find a happy loving home. Well, you already have, actually. XXX to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a surprise when you walked thru your door! At least he knows how to entertain himself! Tee hee:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. He may be creating havoc but Hector is certainly entertaining as well. :)

    Thank you for your kind words on Sasha's passing. I can't express how much the support I receive from you and other readers of the blog means to me.

    I received your second comment this morning, and I'll post my e-mail address in a separate comment that I'd ask that you delete after you receive it. I wondered why the traffic on the blog had increased so much. Thank you for sharing the news of Sasha's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha kitties are always investigating, aren't they?
    Thank you for stopping by the blog this week and helping us remember our gentle giant, Mr. Jinx. He is greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete