Thursday, December 16, 2021

Portia: A Home for Christmas

In the time since Portia went on a trial-adoption almost three weeks ago, I have received two updates on her situation, but I did not want to publish any news about her until there was certainty. Yesterday, I was told that her adoption has been finalised. Portia has found her home.


Po had little trouble adjusting to her new surroundings when she arrived. She lies on her new person’s lap and sleeps on the bed with her at night; this latter information made me especially pleased. The portly girlcat seems to have put her anxiety into her first change - coming to my place - leaving her free of much concern and worry in her second big move. I like to think that she was able to see in the Cosy Apartment that different humans could be quite nice, after all.


It helps tremendously, I think, that Portia is an only-cat. She must have realised that quite swiftly when she arrived in her permanent home. The lady who is her family now has had cats, but the most recent one died some time ago; any scent of other animals would have greeted Portia as stale; she would have known that she had the place to herself - and her human to herself, too. Being able to demand attention whenever she wants it will be a great treat to her.


I will be interviewing the lady in question soon for the December issue of the PAW Society’s newsletter, so I will learn more about Po’s new world, but I wanted to present this glad news to all those abroad who know of Portia, and who had wished her well in her new adventure. She has a home for Christmas - and ever after.


17 comments:

  1. Awww good luck to miss Portia in her new home. We are glad that she has found a lady to love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering how Portia was doing. This is such wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Christmas news for Portia and her new human. Just what they
    both needed, it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful news! And just look at her, the princess of her domain!
    Now two formerly lonely souls have eachother in the bonds of friendship:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news! A lovely Christmas gift for Portia and for her new mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for Portia that is indeed a wonderful Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic news! My dream (literally) actually came true! I'm thrilled she's settled in, and yes, I'm sure it was thanks to all your care and assistance on her journey. Portia might have gotten there and thought, hallelujah, I'm the only kitty! LOL.

    BTW, from your post title, I thought she had returned to YOUR home, but as good as it is, I'm glad for her sake that wasn't the case.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is certainly wonderful news, and finding a "furever" home is definitely the best Christmas gift Portia could have received. Happy Holidays, Portia!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like Kea's comment, I thought Po had been returned to you. Glad that wasn't the case. Cheers to Princess Po!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is very good news! It sounds like the perfect home for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is just the best news ever! She has a home..it's all hers. And a mama that is all hers too. I love it. Made my evening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now! I've wiped a tear away...
    Bless!x The little lady..A forever
    home..Bestest news ever...!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are so glad to read this ! Purrs to Portia and her new family !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such wonderful news. Thank you for sharing, John. And congratulations to Po and her new human! XO

    ReplyDelete