Tuesday, July 11, 2023

A First for Us

I cut Renn’s rear claws yesterday. Aside from the fact that he let me do so without a fuss - until he realised what I was up to - it was unusual in that this is the first time that I’ve had to trim a cat’s rear claws. I do keep an eye on them and they seem never to grow so much as to require shortening. My big boy was actually sticking to the rugs and carpets as he stepped, which is normally a result of lengthy front claws; in this case, it was the back ones.


But all was completed, and Renn returned to the rest that was undeservedly disturbed.


7 comments:

  1. HeHe! Dare l say it...A slight 'paws' while Renn let you
    cut his back claws..! :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renn, Admiral was gracious enough to allow me a little 2 -claws- at- a- time, trimming IF she was asleep and in a good mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember clipping all of Sasha's claws in the last year. Like Renn, one could hear him as he walked across the carpet. I guess he quit chewing them on his own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renn's a good boy. :-)

    I used to have to trim Derry's back claws once in a while, though it was a challenge. Anytime he was at the vet, I made sure they did it for me. (Ditto for my other angels, whose back claws I did NOT cut!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wondering what handsome Renn was up to. I'm glad the little operation went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We usually have "manicure day" here about every 4 weeks. The cats don't like it, but they don't put up much of a fuss - except for Pete. He lets me do only one paw a day, so it takes me 4 days to cut his nails. As Willie said, Pete needs a slight paws.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious gets the hind claws cut every other time we do the front feet. And after the leap off my lap a couple weeks ago, she may start getting the rear every time, lol. Glad Renn is recouped and resting as his claws start to grow immediately.

    ReplyDelete