Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Developments

I remain guardedly hopeful for Neville. I am a bit concerned that his chin seems to be growing a little again, as if the infection was producing puss once more. I may be wrong. And the anti-biotic, which was injected this time, has a week to run its course, so this particular battle isn’t finished yet. My lion appears to be sleeping untroubled and his appetite remains decent. I placed a call to the veterinary hospital yesterday to talk to the doctor about Nev, and made another this morning. The doctor is the only one at the hospital for this week.



Another development is with Dabney. He has taken to sleeping at the foot of the bed, on the comforter, most nights, though he rarely stays the whole time, and is gone when I wake - though he readily comes to bid me a ‘good morning’. He also enjoys sleeping on the bed during the day. In addition, he has begun demanding his meals when he is hungry. I think these are positive signs, and shows an acceptance of the indoor life that was previously only partial. Dabney has become friendlier toward me, too, which I think demonstrates not his feelings to me so much as his potential for being open to other humans, and that bodes well for his future adoption.


15 comments:

  1. I'm sending Neville healing energy, am keeping him in my prayers, that this is a minor blip and easily remedied. Whatever happens, John, rest easy in your mind that you have done everything humanly possible for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'mon, Nevsky...get better!
    Dabney, finding his footing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purrayrs and POTP to Neville - and to Dabney too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That seems like a really good sign that Neville still has a good appetite. I hope that means he'll handle this antibiotic better than the earlier one.

    It's also great to hear that Dabney is starting to settle into his new life. How are things going with him and Percy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I leave them both out when I am present, even when I'm asleep, but can't trust them together when I am at work; one gets locked up.

      Delete
  5. Hope your pus goes away mr Neville.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good news I think. I hope to be hearing something positive within a week. I too wondered about Dabney and Percy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like things are going well with Dabney and he's settling in. And the fact that Neville is sleeping and eating is a good sign. I wonder if the swelling you see on his chin could be some post-op swelling rather than another collection of pus developing. Sometimes it takes a day or two for an antibiotic to start working. Has the vet returned your calls?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying Neville heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news for you about Dabney getting more used to indoor life. I certainly hope that poor Neville recuperates from this. Certainly keeping him in my mind and my heart everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending tons of POTP and pawyers for Neville.
    I am sure Dabney will one day make a good kitty friend for the right person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the swelling in the chin reduces and he is not producing more pus. It is good that Dabney is adapting to indoor life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good news for Neville. Purrs the healing continues with a good outcome.
    Hoping Dabney adapts to indoor life. It really can be fun :)
    I know I do not miss the outdoor life.
    Purrs Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear that Neville is doing better, and hope that the infection is managed by the antibiotic.
    Good news about/for Dabney too.

    ReplyDelete