Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Playtime with Imogen

I will be bringing in a water-fountain for Imogen to ignore later this week. I am also providing her with another, small meal of soft-food before bedtime; aside from moisture consumed, I don’t think she eats enough, so this will put something in her tummy before she sleeps.


In the meantime, Imo plays. She periodically rockets about the apartment for its own sake, but she and I play, too. She likes a string-toy, for which she will leap and wrestle. For some reason, she enjoys playing near, and in, my shoes. She also likes charging after something that she sees around a corner. Afterward comes a bite to eat, and a few hours of earned rest...


14 comments:

  1. She sure is enjoying play time. More than when Percival and Dabney were there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imogen and Percival enjoyed chasing each other at first. When Dabney came, the hostility between him and Percy influenced Imo, and she didn’t play as much, even though Perce still wanted to.

      Delete
  2. That's quite a pose at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like Imogen enjoys living at the Cosy Apartment. Now that Percy and Dabney have gone to forever homes, it appears she loves playing with you. I'll be interested to hear how she likes her new water fountain. My cats loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She loves having a good time, and it uses up pent up energy so she can rest...that's all good!
    Hope the fountain will *not* be ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, with the fifth and the eighth pictures particularly, you have charmed me through and through. Seeing those sweet eyes closed in slumber in the eighth after the sweetness of the seventh...oh my word. Seeing that ear and a bit of her head in the fish as she plays...oh my!
    She will ignore it but too...the others may say, hey, I'll give it a try and she may take heart and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I love that she is getting a bite to eat before bed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. She seems healthy and happy, John. I especially like those last two pics; she's doing an impressive "dangle." I hope she uses the fountain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks very happy and relaxed after her play time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She does look happy - job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to chuckle at the "a fountain for Imogen to ignore". Fickle cats.
    She's such an adorable girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And the photo at the very end, says it all....
    A very satisfied and happy young lady...Bless!x

    ReplyDelete