Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Multi-faceted

Imogen is showing her personality more. In her explorations of the apartment, she enjoys jumping onto the kitchen counters, which I try to discourage. I pick her up from the counter and place her on the floor, while admonishing her that that is not done. Last evening, she acquiesced in this lesson, and we walked out of the kitchen. But then, when she let me pass her, turned and, in a couple of leaps, made it to the counter, and then to the top of the cabinets. She likes heights…



Her trust in humans continues to be a charming feature. Still wary of the other cats, last night, during her peregrinations about the sitting room, she saw Neville and immediately stopped, staring at him. I held out my hand and told her it was all right, and she, arching her back, walked over to me and explored some more. She accepted my assurance without question.



During the weekend, we watched a movie together in the library. I was stroking her chin and face - which she loves - and drew my hand away. Imo wasn’t finished enjoying the session, though, and held my hand in place for a while longer.



I hope that she will be as pleased with a new human when her time for adoption comes. I think she will be.

12 comments:

  1. Such good news Imogen is getting used to a human so easily, different than her previous one. This may make it easier on her when she has to transition again to a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does seem to enjoy human contact. That should help when adoption time comes :)
    Purrs, Julie and the mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some human is going to adopt a wonderful kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She reminds me so much of my Eddie. He was a pure black cat who could have been Imogen's twin. He also had a very sweet, friendly, people-oriented personality. (He got along well with the other cats, but he clearly preferred to hang out with humans.)

    Eddie liked heights, too. When he was young, his favorite game was to climb on top of the refrigerator, and then jump on the shoulders of anyone unwise enough to walk by. The first time he did that, I nearly had a heart attack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you'd like rather she had her own home, but I still can't help but with it was there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that last photo, especially. Derry would do that to me, he liked to have a paw wrapped around or over my hand/arm. Imogen will be a lovely companion in the right home, and I so hope she finds that sooner than later. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imogen will be the perfect addition to some lucky family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is a very loving cat and will make a perfect companion where she is the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoever adopts Imogen is going to be so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lover!! One wold think she's known you all her life!

    She'll be a joy to whomever is blessed enough to adopt her.

    ReplyDelete