Sunday, March 12, 2023

To the Doctor

Both Imogen and Neville go to the doctor tomorrow.

Imogen’s visit is a general examination. She hasn’t had one since her rescue, and it was thought best that she be checked out. I don’t expect there to be any problems with her. As she has been with me more than a month and not gone into heat, she must be already spayed; that will be confirmed. It’s a surprise, considering the way her previous owner simply abandoned her. But Imogen is in very good condition, from what I can see, so I suppose, while they were together, she was cared for very well.

Nev is coming along to be tested for hyperthyroidism, another possible reason insulin isn’t working for him. I don’t hold much hope for this option, as suggested by his doctor, but, as Imogen was going to the hospital anyway, I thought it opportune to test the Nevsky.

I will let everyone know how things go afterward.

12 comments:

  1. Good luck to Nev and Imogen during their vet visit tomorrow. I'll look forward to hearing how things went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending BIG purrs for a good visit with the Vet
    It still riles mum and me that someone would move and just leave a cat behind!
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betcha you'll have a duo singing the song of their people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all goes well, especially for Neville.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least, if that is what it is...something can be done. Love to Neville.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with them both, I'll be thinking of them (and you) and hoping for good outcomes. Ditto Carole's comment that if Neville was hyper-t, at least he could be treated.

    I still think Imogen's person must have cared about her very much, given Imogen's good condition. I wonder if she think about Imogen; maybe she sends up a prayer every night that she's okay. No one will know for certain, but I don't believe she intended to be cruel in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all goes well with both kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope all goes well for both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purrayers and Power of the Paw to both of these kitties !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm late, but hoping that all went well for both Imogen and Neville today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope that all will go as planned and nothing adverse to be found.

    ReplyDelete