Monday, March 6, 2023

The Previous Soon-to-be-Fourth

You may recall that in early February, I wrote that I would be taking in a tortie-point Siamese girl named Carmella. That plan went awry when Imogen’s abandonment necessitated an emergency refuge for her. I had been hoping for Imogen’s rapid integration into my household, without trying to rush it; that, as readers know, hasn’t occurred, and Imo is still making her very slow way into the family. I switched therefore to trying to devise a way I could bring Carmella into the apartment, while providing both her and Imogen with safe-rooms. 


That will no longer be required. Initially, one of the volunteers in our rescue-group offered a room in her house for Carmella, despite the fact that her home is rather over-populated. That generous offer, as well, was rendered unnecessary. Carmella will be adopted.


She will be going to a couple who are long-time supporters of the rescue group, and who adopted a cat from the group more than a decade ago. He died, and the couple felt the absence of a cat in their family. Carmella will be an only-cat, and will receive the best of everything.


I am particularly pleased at this development, as I felt responsible for Carmella’s continued residence in her previous foster-home. That home is a marvellous one for cats, and there they receive the best of care from the humans. But Carmella was in the unfortunate situation that some cats enter, in which she was bullied by other felines. As anyone who has had cats in a similar situation knows, it’s difficult for even the most attentive people to remedy it.


Now, Carmella will have a whole house to live in, with a doting pair of humans; a much better environment than having to come to stay with me and endure the process of integration, even if the result would have been satisfactory. The best of luck to you, Carmella, in your best of futures.


16 comments:

  1. How wonderful for the beautiful Carmella! (and her new people!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful. What great news. I had no idea she was this beautiful. I am so happy for her and her new family. They will all be happy and a loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I'm *so* happy for Carmella! I hope she has a long and happy life in her forever home. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! What lovely news to go to bed on...
    Has'nt she a lovely face to...
    Bless!x Nite! Nite! :O).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! A good ending to this story :)
    Hope Carmella has a great life with her new family!
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such wonderful news! Happy trails to dear Carmella.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very good news for Carmella. I hope she has a long and happy life in her new home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well good for her, she's a pretty thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What terrific news. Congratulations to Carmella and her new family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful girl, and it sounds like a perfect home for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful the way this story is ending and beginning for Carmella. She looks lovely, and Imogen has a great home for now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray! Congratulations for Carmella and her new family! XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. For some reason, this post failed to show up in my feed reader, so I just now saw it. I've been wondering what was going on with Carmella, so I'm so happy that the pretty girl has found a great home!

    ReplyDelete